The Olympic lifts (Snatch, Clean & Jerk) are not easy movements to master. After 3 years of training with them, I am still perfecting my technique. The benefits of these lifts are worth all the years of mastering them. We use them every day and don't even realize it.
Here are some of the benefits:
1. They are functional movements that we use to pick things up explosively and push things over our heads. They are a perfectly safe and natural movement when taught and coached correctly.
2. They are unmatched in the exercise pool in creating power for the human body
3. They involve pretty much every muscle group in your body and are the most athletic and technical of all other exercises.
4. You want to shred fat and put on lean muscle, look no further.
5. They improve balance, coordination, speed, accuracy, agility, strength, power, and flexibility. 8 out of the 10 components of complete fitness. They also improve aggressiveness, but unfortunately that is not included in the list of 10.
Now you know some of the benefits of Olympic lifting. No matter who you are or what fitness level you are at, learning the Olympic lifts can have a major impact on your life if done with great form and focus. So grab a barbell and enjoy the benefits.
Workout of the Day
Hang Power Clean
*Work up to a 2 rep max
Recover to be able to go at max effort again.